[DeTomaso]   air boxes

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Mon Dec 6 19:14:23 EST 2010

Mike

I agree and presently plan to try an implement that approach.  I do not plan
to use elephant ears and intend to modify the Kirk Evans GT5s Amerisport
gills on my GT5 to suit.  Ideally, it will ty in cleanly to the carb with
these parts; A 180 Spectrum plenum
http://www.spectreperformance.com/#CATALOG.98599  and two 4" aluminum pipes
http://www.spectreperformance.com/#CATALOG.9724.  I believe the approach
would be very clean and since it is sealed/separate from the air pressure
within the engine bay, would not require a large scoop to draw air.

I guess that we will see.  I'm glad to hear people have had a good
experience with Spectre products.

JT