[DeTomaso] optical sensor ignitions, MSD boxes

Pantdino pantdino at aol.com
Sat Dec 4 12:42:13 EST 2010

Hi, all,

This question does not involve my Pantera because I had it changed to a non-optical sensor in the distributor, but my Dino has a Crane / Allison optical sensor and the tach has never worked entirely right with it.  (Needle floats / jumps a bit and drops to zero at redline)

A fellow Dino owner uses an optical sensor and an MSD box and says his tach works fine.

So one option would be to install an MSD box, or so it would seem

What do you guys hook up the positive and negative "power" leads to, the ones MSD says should go directly to the battery terminals?

Thanks,

Jim Oddie