[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 73, Issue 25-STOCK VS MODIFIED

JJD1010 at aol.com JJD1010 at aol.com
Wed Aug 25 22:31:56 EDT 2010

In a message dated 8/25/2010 5:40:16 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
clarkwgriswold2nd at gmail.com writes:

What it really looks like was the car
was designed for tires 18"  wide on the back and at the last minute, the
budget numbers came in and the  first thing to go was the wide wheels.

___

Really, I think the answer is more that the car was designed in 1970. In
1970 an 8" tire was a wide wheel. I'm not a Purist, necessarily - well maybe
just  a little - but I think we have to be cognizant of the fact that
we're talking about 1970. Ferrari Dino wheels were 6 1/2 inchers.

Jeff
6559