[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 73, Issue 25-STOCK VS MODIFIED

Cullen McCann clarkwgriswold2nd at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 18:39:56 EDT 2010

".....I also have raised and lowered the car at least 10 times
to get the ride height and look I wanted before alignment and corner
weighting."

That's interesting Bob that you mention raising and lowering the car 10+
times to examine ride height....to me, ride height and tire and wheel
fitment are CRITICAL to the personality of any car, or truck for that
matter. I would do the same thing for sure. I think it was mentioned earlier
by another lister... ( and the purists are gonna get all fired up...) but
stock skinny campys on the back look horrible to me...with all that gap
between the tire and the inner fender...to me it looks like a mistake. Like
pizza cutters on a Viper or something. What it really looks like was the car
was designed for tires 18" wide on the back and at the last minute, the
budget numbers came in and the first thing to go was the wide wheels. It
probably wasn't that simple, but

Obviously the race cars still had the huge rolling stock...but I'm a bit
shallow in that I like...well...basically all performance cars with larger
than factory tires and wheels. The only reason I will go with a 335 on the
back of my pantera (someday if it holds together at the seams) is that a 345
may not fit...( or whatever the actual allowable size is).

Basically saying that as a kid who kept Pantera centerfolds on his bedroom
wall for 20 years...Ii can say that the wider the tires on the back, the
more of a fan I am...which is why I struggle with flairs so much. I know you
can get a 295 or even a 315 on the back with stock qtrs, but think about
what you can get with a gt5 flair!!!! How cool would 395's be??!??!

I know, im being dramatic...and its shallow, but it inspires me.