[DeTomaso] Wheel Question

wkooiman at earthlink.net wkooiman at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 24 07:59:08 EDT 2010

I ran 8's all the way around too.  8's on the front, as Jack and others have stated, feel a lot better.  The bump steer almost completely goes away.  The difference is pretty large.

I ran 295-50-15's on the back, and they look pretty good, but I'd probably do 275's if I went back to 15's.  295's look fat on the rim, and 275's probably "feel" about the same as 295's.

I switched to Pantera East Campy clones 17's and 16's.  The Pantera East wheels feel and look much better.  They fit the wheel opening much better.  I went with 335-35-17's in the back.  When they wear out (from sitting my garage - sarcasm), I'll switch to 315-35-17's.  335's look too large, and I doubt that it handles or drives better with 335's.  Most likely 315's

Stock Campy wheels sit inboard too far in the rear.  Pantera East wheels are properly centered.  It's pretty obvious when you compare stock wheels and Pantera East wheels from behind.