[DeTomaso] Reno/Vegas

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Aug 18 19:36:10 EDT 2010

In a message dated 8/18/10 16 24 50, fastgrandma at aol.com writes:

> That really isn't so.  If you recall when the Plaza became unavailable to
> us on our requested date, it was not until Nov. or early December that the
> new location to the Orleans was obtained.  It took a lot of fast work by a
> couple board members, but its still early enough to make a move.

Changing *hotels* is relatively easy, Judy.   Changing *cities* is what the
rest of us are talking about, and that is much, much harder.   Now, there's
no question that Bob Reid et al. did a FANTASTIC job reacting to losing our
hotel a few years ago, and it's a testament to their hard work that the
move to the Orleans was seamless from the outsider's perspective.   But all the
other event organizers were well into their planning when that happened,
and their events were basically unaffected by the change.

Changing back to Las Vegas for 2011 would be a large undertaking.
Changing to another city entirely would be an *enormous* undertaking and will
certainly take more than a year.