[DeTomaso] throttle cable nbr.

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun Aug 15 01:07:10 EDT 2010

In a message dated 8/14/10 6:50:15 PM, deserttwist at juno.com writes:

> Is there a Napa Nbr to get one or should we order one somewhere else

Sorry, Sue. Its a vendor item & they all carry it. There are two throttle
cables- OEM and the slightly longer aftermarket cable with slicker lining in
the jacket. Its quite a chore to R & R the cable assembly 'cause there are
screwed on hold-down clips under the console so it all has to come out. The
rear upholstery panel also need to be removed and some people say if the
drivers seat is out, the job is easier. Route the new cable so all the curves
are as gentle as possible- which may not be identical to what's there now.
Tight bends wear the liner on the outside of the curves; a worn liner wears &
snags the cable and you're back to square 1 in a few years. But once adjusted
properly (our OEM cable from '72 is still in there) they will last a looong
time. Good luck- J Deryke