[DeTomaso] (no subject)

Edward A. Nauman enauman at roadrunner.com
Tue Aug 10 10:18:11 EDT 2010

>want to add a 5/16" return fuel line through my 70 MACH1's fuel sender. My

>plan is to drill a hole in the sender, insert standard 5/16" brake line

>tubing through the hole and take it to a welder.

I don't know how your particular sender is constructed.  Most senders are
nothing more than a temperature variable resistor.  If you weld anything to
it you must be sure  that the heat of welding is adequately carried away
from the device or you risk destroying it or in the least case altering the
calibration.  If you do decide weld tubing to it, I would suggest threading
it into a piece of scrap steel big enough to act as a heat sink during the
welding and cooling it immediately after the weld is completed.  I would be
happy to do it for you if you can't find a welder you trust.

Edward A. Nauman\

C.E.O.

Smart Litez Inc

Palmdale, CA. 93551