[DeTomaso] Wheel Needed Help Please.

mikeldrew at aol.com mikeldrew at aol.com
Tue Aug 3 04:54:40 EDT 2010

Michael,

You wrote:

I have a bent wheel which is causing a vibration in the car, time to
find a
new one.

http://www.michaelspantera.com/Photos.html  5th photo down, I need a
front
one at 17 x 8

1) Does anybody know if these are still avialable and from whom?

2) If I can't find one, what about a service to fix what I have, anybody
used one?

>>>Those wheels were made by (or rather, made for) Hall Pantera.  They
are Hall's half-hearted attempt at a Campagnolo clone.  They were not
made by Boyd Coddington as your website suggests, at least not as far
as I know.  I don't think they were very popular; I've only ever seen
one other set besides yours.  Finding one lying around is a hopeless
endeavor.  You might call Hall and see if they can get one made for
you, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I'd be seeking out wheel-straightening places.  Well, really, if it was
me, I'd be seeking out a complete new set of wheels...either Wilkinson
or Pantera East Campy clones.....but if budget is a concern, you should
be able to get your bent wheel fixed.