[DeTomaso] Muffler Options

Tom Borcich tborcich at msn.com
Sun Aug 1 13:58:34 EDT 2010

If you use a single inlet, dual outlet MagnaFlow muffler, you don't need to install a "Y". The single pipe coming from the
collector would attach directly to the muffler. Also with the dual 2.5" outlet, you just weld on the appropriate
chrome angled tips. I've see some flexible couplers that are also used for exhaust pipes...these might
make installation easier and give some flexibility to the system if mounted at the inlet of the muffler? I haven't
finalized all my parts yet but it will be either 2.5 or 3" inlet, 2.5" dual outlet. Plus, you can put on the tips you like.
On the PI website (cover page with changing pictures) there is a beautiful red Pantera from the San Diego area with very large
straight cut dual chrome tips. The car has no bumpers and looks awesome.

Best Regards,

Tom Borcich