[DeTomaso] ignition question

Edracers at aol.com Edracers at aol.com
Mon Apr 26 17:13:22 EDT 2010

Aloha
I have an old electronic ignition system in my 72 Pantera. I think it  is a
combo of Ford parts and a Jacobs or Jacobson computer. I think I bought the
 system from Hall Pantera. many years ago.

In any case, the engine does not run well or consistently. Sometimes it
just stops running at idle and I have to restart it.

I want to replace the system. I am thinking about a MSD system.  Or
rebuying the parts from Hall.

If I buy an MSD system I am concerned about where to place the MSD box
since it does not like the hot engine compartment.

Any comments, thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.

Aloha
Ed Kemper
841 Bishop St. Suite 1619
Honolulu, Hawaii  96813