[DeTomaso] N.American Modelmakers Expo in Detroit next week

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Apr 21 01:00:18 EDT 2010

 You'll see hundreds of working models on display, including model engines,
antique farm equipment, trains, and boats. There's also a full schedule of
informative seminars. The NAMES Expo is a great place to rub elbows with
fellow machinists, see what they've been working on all year, and pick up some
tips. I've only attended one such, but I still femember the working Ferrari
SOHC V-12, and the intense discussions on how to make your own scale-model
spark plugs for such models!

 In addition, dozens of vendors display their wares. You'll find tools,
machines, books, magazines, plans, metal, and still more tools.

 When:    Saturday & Sunday, April 24 & 25. General admission hours are 9-6
on Saturday, and 9-4 on Sunday.
 Where:  Southgate Civic Center, 14700 Reaume Parkway, Southgate, Michigan

 More info: http://www.modelengineeringsoc.com/expo.ht

FWIW- J DeRyke