[DeTomaso] how to install shocks

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Mon Apr 12 09:47:06 EDT 2010

---- panteratime at aol.com wrote:

> Folks,
> Shocks should be coming in a few days. Any tricks I should know about changing fronts out in a 1972? Jack up car where tire just about leaves ground, unbolt old shock-remove-install new--lower car.
> Missing anything?
> Thanks

$$$$$$$ It would seem to be an easy task. I thought so when I installed my new spring-shock package a few years ago. I thought it would go along easily, after all I had already changed all the bushings 15 years ago and it didn't seem very hard to remove the springs-shocks then.

I would caution you that the concept of the job is much easier than the actual process. I seem to recall that out of the four corners only one or two came out and and the new part went back in with anything like the ease which I expected. I would second Mike Drew's cautions and recommendations as well as Jack's.

Good luck and good wrenching, Chuck Engles