[DeTomaso] sacrificial Panteras

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Apr 9 22:49:03 EDT 2010

In a message dated 4/9/10 15 20 57, teampantera at yahoo.com writes:

> Not likely....I owned a '69 Jag E-type before I bought the Pantera....it
> was 'the' car that I had wanted since it was first introduced in
> 1961....but by the early 70's guys were throwing SB chevy engines in them and the
> ultimate insult was watching the original 'Vanishing Point' where they crashed
> one....It was pretty clear it was not a Jag that had been restored but it
> was painful to watch it crash....when I bought the Pantera in '85 I was
> thinking "oh what a great idea...Italian styling and Ford power" LOL

...and don't forget "The Italian Job".   Not the stupid Marky Mark remake,
but the original.   In the opening scenes, they crash a Lamborghini Miura.

It was actually a show car, with no drivetrain, but still...it was pushed
over the side of the cliff, and it actually stayed in the bottom of the
canyon for years.