[DeTomaso] Race trailers

GW gow2 at rc-tech.net
Tue Apr 6 22:48:48 EDT 2010

Don't forget the monthly fees.

I have one for my car but I am doing it myself. I also built a motion
circuit to keep it off (battery) except when in motion. Sitting in the
car is enough to turn it on and get it reporting. It also emails my
blackberry and I can view it's location on my blackberry. This way, the
car can be driven or trailered, but the minute it is moved, I get notified.

Problem with trailers is a constant power. If you power a trailer from
the trailer wiring then you hope they hook it up; some times thieves
don't knowing some run GPS off the power. If you run off a battery you
need a way to keep the battery always charged. If it runs down then you
are AOL. Always issues with trailers. Solar panels expensive and not
realistic. Always difficult issues with trailers.

At least 50% of the trucking industry uses this technology. While theft
recovery is a benefit, it is not the primary reason it is used.

Gary