[DeTomaso] Hemmings

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Apr 1 22:29:17 EDT 2010

In a message dated 4/1/10 15 50 58, gow2 at rc-tech.net writes:

> I therefore,
> some one versed in several cars would be the last person on earth the
> Delorean group would want writing about their car.

Not if you were objective and professional.   If you drove the car, with an
open mind, and found that it was better than your preconceived notions
would have led you to believe,   you would say that.   If you found faults with
the car that were solely attributed to your own personal failings (i.e.
morbid obesity), you would qualify your criticisms, or choose not to share them,
since they aren't really germane to the car, but rather to your own
condition.   You wouldn't repeat oft-told fallacies as though they were fact, or
damn with faint praise based not upon your experience with that car, that day,
but rather on rumors and innuendo that you had heard over the years.

I suspect you would be a very viable person to write an article on a
DeLorean, or any other car about which you know little or nothing.   As, I like to
think, I would be also.