[DeTomaso] Hemmings

GW gow2 at rc-tech.net
Thu Apr 1 19:50:53 EDT 2010

I know and agree Hemmings as a supposedly legitimate historical auto
magazine should be.....Better....but I have never met an auto enthusiast
not jaded by other cars or even their own car history. I for one see a
DeLorean as the rejected "Bricklen" design; a design given to John
Delorean because it was not worth charging for. A poorly built lead sled
with a V6 which gets a cult following for reasons unknown. I therefore,
some one versed in several cars would be the last person on earth the
Delorean group would want writing about their car. The Delorean group
would likely have similar views of the Pantera as not being good enough
for a "back to the future" or "ghost busters" movie car.

Even groups within groups define what a car is which is seldom rooted in
reality or true history. History or authenticity of cars become as spoon
fed by those who take the staff and lead people down a path. These cars
become revered by their followers as "Anything else would be worthless
to own"; albeit a Ferari, VW, MG or corvette.

Point here not to slam the Delorean but just to point out articles like
this are simply irrelevant and only removes the credibility of Hemmings.

Case N Point. Have you ever picked up an "Authentic" price guide, a true
respected authority and said "Gee, that ain't right!

These are just cars and reality is what we make it.

Gary