[DeTomaso] Crankcase Evacuation System

Nolan Scheid Nolan at mortarsprayer.com
Thu Sep 24 12:31:06 EDT 2009

Good morning Jim,
We used to do this on Datsuns years ago. The idea was to angle the tube running into the exhaust so
that the exhaust passing by would make a vacuum. Then the vacuum in the crankcase could help the
rings seal a little better on a loose motor. I don't remember the dyno numbers any more but there
was a slight readable improvement in power. I assume that is still good practice in a motor set up
for the best power.

Take care,
Nolan