[DeTomaso] bearing race

L GRAY tipo874a at msn.com
Tue Sep 22 22:20:59 EDT 2009

  The BIG question here is how did the race fall into the ring gear??? There is a retainer "BOLT/PIN that keeps the race in the proper location in the case. Was it missing?? Has the race ever been replaced in the past and the retainer bolt not located in the pilot hole in the race??? You need to find this out BEFORE replacing the race and having this happen again.
                                                                      Les Gray