[DeTomaso] Brake Conversion Options

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 21:29:29 EDT 2009

1969 Boss 429 brakes are not up to the job of race track use. You need
brakes that can disapate heat much more quickly. You should speak to someone
from coleman racing. They make rotors to your specifications and can help
you find the best rotor design for quick and repeated disapation of the heat
generated by repeated hard braking. Or even better contact Goran. He uses
15" wheels and is the only person on the list that I know of that has
written a book about race car design. If I were having the problems your
having (and setting up my car for as much track use as you do) I would speak
to him.
Boyd