[DeTomaso] Silver State Needs Course Worker Volunteers...

Mark Boatsman m.boatsman at comcast.net
Thu Sep 17 12:55:49 EDT 2009

As of last week there were still a few gates that needed course worker
volunteers. I did this last September and found it very rewarding,
interesting to meet the owner/drivers of all the cars and get familiar with
the racing venue for driving myself one day. It is also one of the only ways
to view the race up close. There is a 'course worker' class to attend on
Saturday morning at ten to get training on safety and operations. Then
Sunday is a nice long day out in the Nevada country side, tail gating in the
sunshine. You have a radio in your volunteer packet that keeps you informed
of cars and drivers as they launch or have problems.  Mark Boatsman

http://www.sscc.us/

Contact info from Beverly Cornutt 9/10/09

Good evening -

I know I have been in touch with all of you and some of you are already
assigned a gate for next week's Silver State Classic Challenge Race on 9/20.
Thank you to all who have responded.

HOWEVER, as of today, we still have 20 gates needing courseworkers.  If you,
or some of your friends, can volunteer to be a courseworker next week,
please return the attached reply card so I can assign gates.

Thanks for all your help.

Beverly

Beverly Cornutt
Courseworker Coordinator