[DeTomaso] STEERING ADJUSTMENT / Dick Ruzzin

dickruzzindesign dickruzzindesign at aol.com
Thu Sep 17 10:06:30 EDT 2009

Has anyone adjusted the steering on a Mangusta?
There is a big lock-nut on the rack and I have briefly opened and removed the rack cover but could not see any change when moving it.
I am going to put a new fiber pad in between the column and the rack and would adjust it if I had a clue about what to look for.

My steering shaft now has some vertical play, about a1/16 of an inch that results in a sharp metallic sound when the front suspension has a harsh impact.

--
All the best, Dick Ruzzin.