[DeTomaso] Receipt review Re: Clutch woes in Asa's garage

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Mon Sep 7 16:21:48 EDT 2009

Dear Center of the Slave Cylinder Storm,

                You wrote:

"At that time, in March of 1999, they ordered the following parts from
 Pantera Performance Center:
    - Clutch Master Cylinder w/aero fitting, aftermarket  (This is the
 CNC unit presently on the car)
    - Slave cylinder assy anodized w/o pushrod  (and this is my slave)
 So, it's a PPC Colorado part."

                The only tiny contribution I can make to this connundrum, is to point out that those parts are quality parts and should play well with each other and shouldn't--in and of themselves-- be the source of your headaches unless, as other wiser mechanics have suggested, that one unit has completely malfunctioned or there is a fiendish air bubble in  the system.

                         Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles------a very ignorant clutch system mechanic