[DeTomaso] This time with LINK Re: Follow up, with photos Re: Clutch woes in Asa's garage

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at Hax.SE
Mon Sep 7 14:39:04 EDT 2009

7 sep 2009 kl. 19.08 skrev Asa Jay Laughton <asajay at asajay.com>:

> To your point about the external spring overcoming the internal...
> in my
> case it does -not-.  The internal spring is powerful enough to
> overcome
> the external.

Well, then either the internal spring is too strong, or the external
spring is too weak.

> The lever shaft was not moved on the shaft between photos.  If you
> will
> not in photo 13, it doesn't matter what my clearance is, the external
> spring is not strong enough to pull the piston in the slave any
> further
> into the bore and in fact the internal spring is pushing the piston
> such
> that the throwout is pressing against the fingers of the pressure
> plate.  At this point, the slave had about two inches of travel
> -available- depending on how much the master can push it, but the
> point
> is, I don't want the throw out riding on the fingers full time.

Did the clutch work properly at this point? If so, either tossing the
internal spring, or installing a stronger external spring would work.
This would also be good time to adjust the set screw for a 1/8"
clearance.

> Asa Jay
Thomas