[DeTomaso] This time with LINK Re: Follow up, with photos Re: Clutch woes in Asa's garage

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Mon Sep 7 13:08:58 EDT 2009

To your point about the external spring overcoming the internal... in my
case it does -not-.  The internal spring is powerful enough to overcome
the external.

The lever shaft was not moved on the shaft between photos.  If you will
not in photo 13, it doesn't matter what my clearance is, the external
spring is not strong enough to pull the piston in the slave any further
into the bore and in fact the internal spring is pushing the piston such
that the throwout is pressing against the fingers of the pressure
plate.  At this point, the slave had about two inches of travel
-available- depending on how much the master can push it, but the point
is, I don't want the throw out riding on the fingers full time.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA