[DeTomaso] average cost th have a clutch installed

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Sep 7 14:14:23 EDT 2009

Boyd, if you don't or can't do your own work, and you fear a repeat of the
'horror' stories, stay far away from conveniently local repair shops that
are not intimately familiar with the DeTomaso Pantera. Stick to those who
stock parts and work on the things daily. While this may mean hauling an
undriveable car to the specialty shops, it also means having someone work on your
baby that actually knows what they're doing.... While there have been plenty
of arguments between real Pantera vendors and customers, in nearly 30 years
I never heard of anyone having to threaten calling the police to retrieve
their car!

 I would phone them all and get THEIR price on a clutch job rather than
getting non-vendor estimates. All the Pantera vendors have flatbed haulers
available for undriveable cars.   Good luck- J DeRyke