[DeTomaso] average cost th have a clutch installed

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 7 12:28:46 EDT 2009

Firstly you need to select the clutch you want installed, do not leave that choice to the shop.

Secondly the labor is going to be somewhat dependent a) on the experience the shop has with Pantera's and b) how much care they have to take i.e. do you have a show finish engine bay?.

With no surprises I can pull the ZF and replace the clutch in around 5 hours. I have no idea what reasonable shop rates are in NY, around here (NV)they are $90/hr, but for that you are just as likely to have Manuel working on your car. Not that I should stereotype, but the message is it's not the labor cost it's the risk to your car. The only way to increase the odds in your favor is go to a high end (Porsche, Ferrari etc.) shop and pay their higher rates. I wouldn't be surprised if you end up paying $1K plus the cost of the clutch (~$450). Oh and make sure to change the throwout bearing while it's apart.

Julian