[DeTomaso] Tailight Lenses

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun Sep 6 15:57:12 EDT 2009

In a message dated 9/5/09 5:36:09 PM, ihannington286720mi at comcast.net
writes:

> I guess I'll either have to live with them (repro tail   light lenses) or
> shell out the $$$$ for new ones! But maybe I'll try dying or something
> first.

If you decide to buy new ones, Ian, send me the damaged lenses and I'll try
the dye-job myself. If it works, you can have them back- I'm happy with my
OEM GR-4s.Unfortunately, some dyes are not too sun-proof so to be honest,
this may only work for a few years. Take a look at any OEM Mangusta
side-marker lenses- some are almost bleached white. Dunno how long the yellow or red
tint will last out in the weather. Also fwiw, Maserati Meraks and some Alfas
run the Euro tail lights including the identical buckets so if there's a
foreign auto wrecker nearby, you might get lucky. I did, many years ago....
Cheers- J Deryke