[DeTomaso] Clutch Master cylinder

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 09:29:16 EDT 2009

I am having a problem with my clutch hydraulics. My clutch is not
disengaging completely. WWhen I went through the procedure to adjust the
"free play" I found that the adjustment bolt isn't reaching the plate it is
supposed to turn against to generate forward and backward motion. I added
fluid and when I depressed the clutch pedal the master cylinder squirted a
stream of fluid up to the wins sheild and roof like a stream from a
windsheild washer. I removed the cap and replaced it again making sure that
it was proerly seated and that the hreads were clean and it did not repeat
the squirt. The problem is intermittent.  I don't think The master cylinder
is  not original . It is polished , I don't know if it is stock. If I need
to replace it what is the best choice for a replacement? Do you think it's
possible that the line has a clog in it? Should I drain it and start from
scratch with fresh fluid?

Boyd