[DeTomaso] More cruise control issues

wkooiman at earthlink.net wkooiman at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 1 17:43:02 EDT 2009

Wouldn't it do the same thing if you hook it up to the speedo?  If you push in the clutch, you're probably going to slow down (unless you're going downhill).  If the vehicle speed drops, and the CC doesn't know the clutch is depressed, it's going to try to maintain the engine speed.

I would think you'd need something to turn off the CC if you hit your brakes, or if you push in the clutch, or if you take it out of gear.

Of course, I'm sure everyone knows that anything SOBill says about electrical systems trumps anything I might say (or think about saying).