[DeTomaso] Urgent! master cylinder installation problem

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 18:06:58 EDT 2009

I can't seem to get the linkage and plunger set up right. I have a 73 l with
the effort reduction linkage and two things are happening. .1 I am not
getting any fluid pressure or movement . I know this has to do with the
piston / plunger position but I don't know how to adjust it and I can't find
it in the service manuals or bulletins. 2 with the plunger to long the
effort reduction  linkage is dropping and pulling the plunger out of the
master cylinder instead of pushing it in. My car has been stuck in my drive
way for two days . someone please throw me a life line.
Boyd