[DeTomaso] Ebay Pantera: Is A SCAM!!!!

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 18:05:38 EDT 2009

I was contacted by a number of potential buyers or (initial) bidders
asking for more information early in the auction,
a wise move by a buyer to check the Registry before committing $.

(Yes this car is present, and with photos from the real seller).

The ebay seller never replied to anyone asking for the VIN,
which is a typical example of the kind of response in scam sales.

As you all know by now the (real) car is at www.VIPClassics.com, in San Diego.

As much as I am amused by the actions of the DeTomaso community to protect
a real buyer, it is rather easy for the scam artist to continue later when
the community may not be so diligent or even watching.

So my suggestion for buyers is to do your research, as the web contains much
information to educate and assist the buyer in getter the right car.

Sites like www.PanteraPlace.com    http://www.banzairunnerpantera.com/
and naturally the Registry at www.Provamo.com provide a strong start.

If the crooks fail to success using DeTomaso cars for sale they will
likely move on to easier Marques (and marks - pun intended).

Well done, everyone!

Chuck
(The Registry Guy)

Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Ebay Pantera: Is A SCAM!!!!