[DeTomaso] Need help: Mangusta front wheel axle / bearings and front turn signals

juergen.wilms at cox.net juergen.wilms at cox.net
Mon Oct 12 07:41:05 EDT 2009

1.) One front bearing of my Mangusta is broken. When I took off the cap covering the bearings and the stub axle, the M18x1.5 castle nut was not secured nor was there a hole for a cotter pin. The stub axle has one full-length groove and one short groove. The washer under the castle nut pressing against the first bearing did not have a tab to go into the groove, was the wrong size, and could move around. Shoddy, dangerous work.

- Does anyone on this list have an explosion drawing of the whole front wheel assembly – or a complete parts catalog?
- Does anyone on this list have a parts list (incl. part dimensions and bearing numbers) for this assembly – or the whole car?

2.) My Mangusta has front  turn signals which are definitely home-made and non-original. What is the correct turn signal housing? Is it
- Body: Carello 11.534.523 D/S ( mounted hanging upside-down with drainhole) or Carello 11.535.580 D/S (mounted standing up)
- Glass: Carello 18.534.716
- Gasket: Carello 11.535.523 D/S

3.) Has anyone started a parts interchange list: which part on the Mangusta is also used in what other car (e.g., hood release handles are Alfa Romeo 105; front ball joints are 66-73 Fiat Dino, etc.). So which car did the correct interior door release levers come from...?

Your help is highly appreciated

Jürgen
8MA976