[DeTomaso] The Fake Pantera Lives????

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 10:52:59 EDT 2009

I don't know if the Detomaso tag displayed is an aftermarket copy or an
original taken from another car but in either case you can clearly see were
the vin number location has been cut out. Putting a Detomaso tag on a car
that was not manufactured by Detomaso is deceptive. The state Police auto
theft squad officer that i spoke to and who investigated this car said that
the BLUE tag this car displays is a RECOVERED theft issued by the State of
California NOT a KIT CAR vin assignment. I corresponded with the original
seller and there is no question in my mind that he was trying to pull a fast
one . One of the list members who was familiar with Long and Newman said
this wasn't even a authentic Long and Newman replica. If you have a Cobra
kit car or a Ferrari kit car they do not display Ford or AC or Ferrari vin
tags . If the Detomaso Vin tag t(with the number removed is an authentic
Detomaso tag salvaged from a wrecked car it is illegal to remove it and
place it on another car. It is also fraudulent representation. You are
certainly entitiled to your opinion and I can't speak for this seller
because I have not communicated with him but the last seller was
intentionaly deceptive and a crook. He evaded questions and gave deceptive
and evasive answers to questions about the true nature of this abortion on
wheels.

Boyd