[DeTomaso] Steel distributor gears for 351C

Scott Couchman scottcouchman at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 4 10:05:19 EDT 2009

FWIW, I recently converted to a steel gear on my hydraulc roller cam after going through 3 bronze gears. I don't recommend a bronze gear for street use. The guy that set up my distributor was able to locate 2 crane gears, I bought one and I believe he still has the other one, but it's expensive. I also personally tracked down the company that makes the composite gear that all the NASCAR guys run. They were very nice and very candid.....they have no plans to produce a Cleveland gear based on volume. If you get enough interest, they might be willing to change their minds, but I'm sure they'll want the tooling cost $$ upfront.