[DeTomaso] Very little Pantera content

RFogle1 at aol.com RFogle1 at aol.com
Fri Nov 20 22:48:04 EST 2009

The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer, but one does
not necessarily cause the other.  Our standard of living is dropping
because our politicians have at best allowed, and at worst encouraged our high
quality jobs to move overseas.  Here in NE Ohio our congressman was the
deciding vote on NAFTA, and as best as I can tell we did not even get any good
pork for that vote.  Things haven't been right in Ohio or Michigan  since.
(Big game is tomorrow.)  Thankfully we had the good sense to  vote him out at
the next election, but the damage was done.  He might be in  witness
protection for all I know.  Wacky old Perot was right, a giant  sucking sound.

I own a small business, and I can tell you that the excessive amount of
govt. regulation has stifled any growth that we might have had in the last ten
 years.  I have had as many as five employees in the past, and spent two of
 the last three years trying to survive with one.  Low interest rates
generally only discourage the accumulation of capital that is required to start
a business or grow one.  Artificially low rates like we have we have had
for the past couple of years also encourage investors and business owners to
make poor investment decisions.  Cheap capital lulls folks into thinking
that property values are rising, when in fact it was just the availability of
 cheap money that made the home or opportunity attractive.  Take the cheap
money away and all of a sudden the house is not worth as much.  Sound
familiar?

  I am not a big Bush fan.  I thought he was spending my kids  money way
too loosely.  My wife is an inner city teacher and no child left  behind does
not seemed to have helped the situation, but anyone with a lick of  sense
knew that it didn't really attack the heart of the problem when it was
introduced.  Career politicians, regardless of party for the most part are  not
good for the country.  Yes, I do have health insurance and provide it  as a
benefit to both of my employees.  Its a nice plan and my staff  (paycheck to
paycheck guys that work with their hands) are worried that they may  be taxed
on their "cadillac" plan.  I believe in health care reform, but  none of
the ideas that make sense are even being discussed, like torte reform,  or
opening up state lines to foster competition.  Instead, somehow we are  going
to insure everyone, the government is going to be involved, and its  going to
cost less.  I need heath care because by the time I can afford a  Pantera,
I'm going to need a hip replacement just to get in and out of it.   Ron  Go
Bucks!

In a message dated 11/20/2009 7:26:19 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,