[DeTomaso] International Cleveland economics

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Fri Nov 20 08:37:35 EST 2009

Dear Forum,

I had an interesting conversation with Dennis at DSC Motorsports in Southern California. I have an illness for 351C engines and parts. I had made an inquiry about some heads and we got to talking about availability of 351C engines.

He told me that they didn't have any 351C right now. He said that an Australian fellow bought their entire stock of 27 engine blocks, presumably for shipment to Australia!! Wow. One, it is strange that an Aussie from the land of Aussie 351 blocks and Aussie heads would buy up all the American 351C blocks. Two, it is a bit depressing to learn that it has just become a bit harder to find 351C blocks. Oh, well. That is the Global Economy, I suppose.

Finally, a non-partisan political quote: "In America anyone can become President. That is one of the risks we take." Adlai Stevenson

Warmest regards, Chuck Engles