[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 64, Issue 9- West Coast Drive

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Mon Nov 9 12:45:54 EST 2009

I took the Black #3 over to the coast on Saturday
Stopped in Capitola and got something to eat.. watched the
surfers (big waves) and then avoided a parking ticket as
the officer cut me some slack

Headed north along the coast on a beautiful day
Stopped north of Davenport to take a look at the coast
Did some serious leaving action and then settled down
just before passing the observing Highway Patrol

As the sun was setting I pulled into Half Moon Bay for
a cookie... as I was leaving I had to put my foot on the
brake to start (No ebrake hooked up) and had to reach
funny to start the car

I went about a half block and it sputtered and died.. I
coasted to a parking spot... No fuel pump running
I called my buddy Rich and he would hook up the trailer
and head my way... after checking all the fuses I looked
under the dash and found a switch I never knew was there
Byers wired the pump and had put the switch under the dash
I must have hit it starting the car

Fuel pump came back on and called my buddy who just got
on the freeway... Off and running again for a great day
with just one slight delay ... I felt kind of stupid but still
had a big grin on my face as I always have driving it out an about

Bob Benson #3 Black Pantera