[DeTomaso] Non-Opening Secondaries

pantdino at aol.com pantdino at aol.com
Sat May 30 15:45:59 EDT 2009

This happened to me when I first got my car in 1989.
I was used to Alfas, early Toyota Supra, and other rather low-powered
cars, which also happened to have rather short throttle pedal throws.
Being the cautious type I drove it the first several times up to about
3500rpm, using up to what I assumed was full throttle, based on how
long the pedal throws had been on my other cars.
One day I discovered that I had only been using half throttle, at which
point I also discovered that the engine is very happy to rev to 5000.
I remember thinking, "holy $hit!"

Jim