[DeTomaso] Back from Italy

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Wed May 27 05:50:49 EDT 2009

Hi All,

Mike Drew is no doubt on his way back to the US. I'm now back at work after
a nearly 5000 kilometer road trip (kind of the Dave Tucker of Europe I
guess)

It'll be a while before I get caught up enough at work to give a full trip
report, but what a great time we had. France, Germany, Austria, Italy, and
back to Spain.

Car ran great (some electrical gremlins but nothing serious), and we saw
some amazing sights! Perhaps 75 DeTomaso cars parked in the central plaza of
Modena? The largest concentration of DeTOmasos I've seen in 10 years of
attending international meetings in Europe. And I say "DeTomasos" and not
"Panteras" because there were cars of all flavors - various Mangustii,
Vallalunga, deauvilles, Longchamps, P70, and Panteras from pushbuttons to
Pantera SI's (4 of them!)

Great weather (well, except for a little bit in Munich and then the last 2
hours of the trip) and fantastic people. We'd do it again in a heartbeat.

More later.

Charles McCall

1985 DeTomaso Pantera GT5-S #9375

"Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe"

 <http://www.poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=2323>