[DeTomaso] How can this happen in America

Dave Londry davel at emspace.com
Sat May 23 20:22:01 EDT 2009

I'm going to have to speak up for Ontario.
The number of vehicles going back and forth across the US-Canadian
border is kept pretty well equal
 by the unions and governments having a regular arm-wrestle.
Of course that's not true for the not-built-in-North-America and I don't
know how the Mexico-US numbers work.

But; if the US-Canada shipments were eliminated, the US build numbers
would -not- go up.
The the prices in Canada sure as hell would.
They're kept down because they track US prices and because the build
volumes are good for the relatively few models built.
I think the point is that trade means buying and selling stuff (like cars).
Not just buying as is the case with the offshore "trade"
dave

1973 Pantera
1988 Mustang
1992 BMW535 (yah, yah)