[DeTomaso] .050 is the bomb!

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Wed May 20 17:38:42 EDT 2009

Erik Anderson skrev:
> What are plugs typically 'gapped' at right out of the box?
>
> I just replaced mine with NGK UR4 V-Power plugs and they ran awesome
> straight out of the box.  That said, if there's more power to be had, I
> am all ears!

I just checked a new UR4 and it is 0.9mm/0.035" out of the box.

I had a set of NGK BPR5FS-11, where the "11" signifies 1.1mm (~0.045").

The proper gap for a 4.6L Town Car, which is where I got my EDIS
ignition from, appears to be 0.054" (~1.35mm). I'll open up my UR4 set
before installing them.

Cheers,
Thomas

--
Real life:   Thomas Törnblom             Email:  Thomas.Tornblom at Hax.SE
Snail mail:  Banvallsvägen 14            Phone:    +46 18 444 33 21