[DeTomaso] 2 Questions - Water Pump Torque & Heater Hose Routing

Barry Seib oldwheel at mts.net
Tue May 19 16:13:50 EDT 2009

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Tue May 19 13:41:03 CDT 2009
>>The pipe in the center below the firewall and closest to the drivers side
in the engine compartment is normally hooked up the the heater valve and it
should be the retun to the water pump. The other pipe on the passenger side
should be the feed to the heater from the little steel pipe in the top of
the block. This assumes the factory routing of the heater hoses and pipes.
No guarantee someone hasn't changed that, but it would be more difficult
than doing it the same as the factory.
  The heater control valve is designed to be on the return side of the core.
It should hold pressure in the core rather than control the intake. That may
be why a lot of people have had trouble with leaking heater valves. If it is
pressurized on the back side of the valve, that helps to close it and keep
it closed in the off position. I took mine apart and rebuilt it and that is
my opinion. Seems to me I have read that somewhere too.

Just FYI The pipes in the console tunnel actually cross over each other
before the exit at the heater.

Barry
Tomas wrote:
It depends. You can hook either console tube to either end of the heater
core so the answer is depending on that.

Tomas