[DeTomaso] OT! Temporary tags at Silver State Classic Challenge!

Bjoern Flesland bflesland at gmail.com
Mon May 11 02:44:58 EDT 2009

Unfortunately I am very late with getting my new California reg card
and tags and need some advise here!
I am so worried I will miss the race next weekend and will try
everything to make it.

Wonder if you have any experience on how to obtain reg card and tags QUICKLY?
I finally got my new insurance card on Friday 8th May, after so much
delays and trouble. But so far so good.
DMV have already received and confirmed my annual reg fee.
Friday May 8th I faxed (and also emailed) valid insurance docs to DMV.

On Monday 11th May (tomorrow) DMV will check everything and then start
processing my registration.
BUT, I have been told that this "process" can/will take 72 hrs OR MORE
to get new reg card and tags...
Is there a way or special trick to get them quicker?
Do any of you maybe know anybody at DMV or know anybody who does?
As I need them on the morning Thursday 14th May...
We arrive in Vegas Wednesday night.

I have a friend in LA who can pick them up directly at the DMV and
Fedex them to Sams Town in Vegas.
But that won't help much if DMV are late...

A workmate suggested that maybe the police can help?
Maybe they can issue/release some kind of golden paperwork so I can
drive the car without actuallly having received the reg card+ tags?
So if I get pulled over by an eager deputy and he check his police
computer, he will see that I am ok...
What do you think?

Thanks for reading so far!
Cheers,