[DeTomaso] Cleaning rust out of the console heater tubes

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Sat May 9 13:22:43 EDT 2009

Charlie,

I assume the preparation you speak of is for the Euro De Tomaso 50th
Anniversary event May 19-24. Word on that event has been non existent, I
hope you or Mike Drew will cover it with a story for us slackers.

***Exactly. Word on the event has been non-existent on this side of the pond
as well. After the initial brochure, I haven’t heard anything, so I have no
idea who else is signed up. Mike Drew and Gray Gregory will be attending –
the only other North Americans I’m aware of. A Canadian group was planning
on sending cars over, but decided to wait until the fall for various
reasons. They’ll be spending a week cruising around Italy in a little
wolfpack.

Amaya and I are taking our time getting to Italy – spending 2 days in Dijon,
France, stopping by the Schlumpf museum – one of the largest car collections
in the world  (http://www.collection-schlumpf.com/en/schlumpf/), then going
to Munich, Germany for a couple of days, from there to Ellmau, Austria
(rendez-vous with Mike and Gray and the Swedes), then down to Modena.
Hopefully the weather will cooperate, as will the Pantera Gods

There will no doubt be adventures to be told. Nothing like doing 17
consecutive, back-to-back Silver States to get from here to Germany, but
without that pesky “average speed” thing to worry about!  ;-)

How many folks were going from N. America in the end?

Watch out for woman drivers coming up on your rear!

Julian

> From: charlesmccall at gmail.com
> To: mbefthomas at comcast.net; guson at home.se
> Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 15:39:50 +0200
> CC: detomaso at realbig.com
> Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Cleaning rust out of the console heater tubes
>
> Speaking of filters, I'm prepping the car for a 5000+ km road trip next
> week, and took a peek at my Tefba filter.
>
> Photo from 5 minutes ago may be found here
> http://www.poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=6335
>
> Not so thrilled about rust-colored debris, but if it's in there, I'd
rather
> it be trapped by the filter than the radiator!!!!
>
> Charles McCall
> 1985 DeTomaso Pantera GT5-S #9375
> "Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe"
> http://www.poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=2323

On