[DeTomaso] More clutch photos and maybe confusion.

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sat May 9 00:30:14 EDT 2009

Okay, so I got a chance to do some side-by-side comparison of my
original clutch and the Napa remanufactured unit.  I could really use
some eyes on this to help evaluate a go/no-go situation.

The photo stream starts here:
http://www.teampanteraracing.com/index.php?option=com_g2bridge&view=gallery&Itemid=57&g2_itemId=2295

Just click NEXT after viewing the comments with each photo.

Here are the basics:
- Virtually identical case, plate and hole alignment
- Bob-weights are different but do not look like they would interfere
with anything
- Levers are different. New unit has fingers protruding a quarter inch
more toward the trans.  This is the part that concerns me.

Is there enough room in the adjustment of the clutch to back the
throw-out bearing off a quarter inch from where it is now?  Or do I look
for a better pressure plate?

Thanks all,
Asa Jay
<paranoid perfectionist who sometimes accepts the unknown in hopes it works>

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA

1971 Mach I Mustang  [ASA JAY]