[DeTomaso] More no my clutch in 5533

asajay at asajay.com asajay at asajay.com
Fri May 8 12:13:20 EDT 2009

I went ahead and picked up the clutch pressure plate from Napa
yesterday.  I remember somebody saying something about the bob-weights
on the end of the levers at the outside edge.  There -is- a
difference.  Even so, I picked this one up to do some comparison
photos and measurements.  I'll try to post those later.  Just from a
quick visual inspection they look like they should clear anything the
rest of the pressure plate clears, but that's only from a relaxed
position.  Not sure how it's going to be when the pedal is pushed.

As I was curious, I went back to the photo of the McLeod unit on ebay
and noted it appears to have the same lever ends (at the outside edge)
as the one currently from my Pantera.  I may end up buying the McLeod
unit.

This gets interesting.  :)

Asa Jay