[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 58, Issue 7 Oil pressure

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Thu May 7 11:57:27 EDT 2009

In all the talk about high volume pumps and high
oil pressure I wanted to chime in on some of my
thinking.... an old motor has passages clogged up
including tubing on a real gauge that can actually
give you a false reading "higher"

my old cleveland read 70 to 80psi on a tired motor

My windsor has 60psi almost all the time
this is a modified motor but not really full race
but still a little edgey for the street
that is all it needs

My 755hp Pontiac has an adjustable external
pump and the engine builder states 60 psi is enough
This guy builds 735inch motors from 1100-1600 hp

These are high volume pumps but not high pressure

My last pontiac motor had 90-105 psi as the idiot
builder modified the pump spring... motor never was
right... blew the rear main seal and many other problems

Bob Benson #3 Black Pantera (wing going back on for Reno
                                              and straight pipes going back
on the 180's
                                              and Jt we can't run straight
pipe 180's in Kali