[DeTomaso] Remote oil filter setup

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue May 5 16:04:25 EDT 2009

In a message dated 5/4/09 2:23:12 PM, charlesmccall at gmail.com writes:

> We're working on designing a complete package for the Pantera; we've got
> six or eight coolers...

You have noticed that Laminova sells a tubular, cleanable oil heat
exchanger that incorporates a spin-on oil filter? I don't use it 'cause its too
bulky for an under-the-floor horizontal mount on a Pantera, unless the thing is
shoved far forward, which makes the oil lines longer. It would fit as J
Taphorn did- vertically on the rt side firewall, but the filter would be less
accessible than as-stock and the water lines then become complex. Always
something.... Cheers- J Deryke