[DeTomaso] Front Spindle Nut replacement

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Mar 30 23:47:26 EDT 2009

In a message dated 3/30/09 19 27 24, bwerner at live.com writes:

> Help Needed:  I am rebuilding my suspension on my 73.  I had all the
> suspension pieces powder coated and I am putting things back together.  I would
> like to replace the front spindle nuts with a castle nut, so that I can cotter
> pin the nuts to the spindle.  I have noticed that one spindle is right hand
> thread and one is left hand thread.  Any ideas where I can find the castle nuts
> in both right and and left hand thread??  I do realize I have to drill the
> spindle for the cotter pin.  Any help would be greatly  appreciated.  Thanks.

I got mine from Dennis Quella at Pantera Performance Center.   He sells
either style--a castle nut, or a stamped sheetmetal keeper that works with a
conventional nut.   Either way, it comes as a complete kit, with the nut, keeper,
pin, and instructions telling you exactly where to drill and how large the hole
needs to be.

The price was cheap, and the peace of mind was well worth it!